looking for pics of tinted birds

Merlon

I am going to be tinting, well not me..., my bird soon and want to see the different birds and what looks best. in california you cannot tint the front windows. i usually drive with them down, and dont follow the law too to much.

So if anyone could post a few pics of their birds or cougs id appreciate it.

Id like to think 5% on the back three windows is good enough, but i cant imagine it actually would come out looking nice.

By the way my cars Dark plum, and has black interior. so it may seem dark enough from the outside without front tinted windows.

i am also in the process of getting ventshades for the front window. any pics of those would be cool.

DSC01108.jpg

17% all the way around

damn clean looking with 17%

thats a good looking tint man.
i think thats what i want a matching tint. maybe 20% with a 5% back window? to make everything look darker.

Ventshades look gay on tbirds. I sold mine.

Here's my SC tinted 5% limo all around.

Attachments

• 1qwk sc.jpg
    1qwk sc.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 284
Old pic when it was 5% and 20%

Now it is double 5% everywhere and 20 on the windshield

PS: And yes, I agree with Scott. I took my ventshades off after that picture, lol

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 271
Here' mine. It's 35% all around.
Mike

Attachments

• 2372571_4_full.jpg
    2372571_4_full.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Not sure about percentange, I bought the car already tinted:rolleyes:

Attachments

• T-bird4.jpg
    T-bird4.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 03-19-04mvi12-08.jpg
    03-19-04mvi12-08.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 157
  • July18SC.jpg
    July18SC.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 134
I have 20% on the rear 3 and 35% on the doors. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture with the doors tinted, which were tinted most recently.

IMO, if you have to back up a lot at night, I wouldn't recommend anything darker than 20%. For me, even 20% seems a bit dark at times. Of course, I have to back mine into a very tight garage, so that might be why it's more of a concern to me.

Thanks for all the pics.

I am partial to the ventshades. i like the look.
Looks great with the tint.

IN cali i cant tint the front two windows, but almost everyone whos tinted has the front tinted.

i dont back up alot, mostly park so i can drive straight out.

i like the 17% all the way around, 35% is to light for me, but probably wont get me pulled over.

i have to agree with kurt, i had the back 3 windows all at 5% and the front ones at 20%, i couldn't see anything at night, it was horrible, but it looked good. i shouldn't of went that dark. also the 5% on the back are turning purple as the front ones still look the same as they did. i guess the darker you go the easier it will discolor, so when i get my car on the road i have to get it redone and it will be 20% all around. 17% sounds good, im sure it will come out nice. about the ventshades, i have them on my bird (and my mazda). it looks ok to me, but i got them so i can have the windows open when it rains. when you are tring to turn left they can become annoying as it blocks your view.

i believe this is 16% or something. Its got that "shiny" tint to it from the outside so its hard to see in, but light enough that at night its not hard to see out of them (i have 5% all around on my mustang and it sucks with the windows up at night).

21chycw.jpg

I have 30% on mine and regret getting it that light. I've been in cars with 5% and it sucks at night. 15-20% would be a nice comprimise.

I have 5% on mine and am used to it so I can see just fine at night. It took a while to get used to it and it was scary at first, but now its fine don't even have to stick my head out the window to back up. Just look before you get in the car make sure nothing is in your path.

yeah i dont want purple tint

to go with my purple car...:D

too rice.
anyone ever do something where they had a lighter tint, 35% and a nice 5% tint over it in a pattern?

like tint your back window, but put a Tbird logo over that tint in 5%. ghost bird...

I didn't do that, but on my front windows I have "etched" style vinyl graphics underneath the tint. The graphics are are just simply say "232" but the combination of the silver etching and the dark tint make them look MUCH better then if they were on top of the tint as opposed to sandwiched between it like they are

Payton said:
Driving a Smart car is gay, ventshades look good and practical at times!

Too each his own. I am not fond of adhesive stuff, like ventshades, sunroof shades, rear solar wings, etc...

If you smoke then maybe they are nice to vent out the car if its raining, but I don't smoke and I don't let anyone smoke in my SC. Actually not many people get a ride in my car anymore except my girlfriend and I.

Back