97 sc svt??

brmesser

just went and looked at a 1997 ford thunderbird svt . has a 4.6 s/c . is this car for real or did someone put this motor in it?? i 've done some looking around and can;t find any info on it. how much hp, torque, 0-60....any help would be appreciated
benny

there were a few SVT tbirds..In that they were project cars and somehow were sold...Was it a 32valve?

As far as I know there were definitely no svt 2valve tbirds and it wouldnt say svt on it anyway...Noen of them did..Have pictures?

Last I heard there was one left and the other 3 were crushed. If it was the original one I think he would be asking 50K for it.

I saw one had the turbo kit and DOHC motor in it. Said svt on the window sticker. But it in reality was just an lx with a dohc in it..Not really anything special

I read there were 3 built and were all crushed or at least one crashed. The SVT prototypes were actually built using 94/95 vehicles with 96/97 body pieces and the 4.6 DOHC engine.

- Dan

I just don`t remeber the totoal amount made but I know that one still exists.
The only thing I don`t understand is why it only made 300 hp and 300 tq?
Sounds like the NA gt mustang for 06. Still looked bad a$$ though.

Svt

Word is at the ChicagoSVT site, is that only one survives of the three. Someone there claimed to have pics, but were never posted.

The one I saw was not supercharged but merely had a licoln 32 valve motor in it..WIndow sticker said SVT however

I am sure there was 4. One is still kicking around. 3 I think were scrapped, and iif memory serves me correctly, the gentleman who owns it was one of the the guys at Ford who worked on it. I do believe it had a DOHC motor, but nothing exotically crazy done.

Eh, that's just what I am remembering.

I have a set of the SVT prototype wheels on my car. If you browse through the link that Damon referenced, you can find a picture of them.

heres the deal with the svE WHEN REFERING TO ANY SPECIAL VEHICLE XXXXXXX TBIRDS, ITS ALWAYS SVE NOT SVT, Special Vehicle Engineering, the tbird never made it out of the engineering stage to the Special Vehicle Team -SVT- (ie promotional name for it) there were 5 of the cars built, 3 crushed 1 went with John Colletti at the time he got the car it did NOT have the supercharger on it, he had it put on and then after that is when it went out to the show circut where everyone sees it as being a "blown svt tbird" wich it was not. so, other than the 1957 tbird and the 89-95 sc's no other tbird came with a supercharger. period end of story.

Back