new pulley seems to wobble?

spetz01

Just installed a new BHJ billet balancer (just leave that alone) and a billet march pulley onto that.

Seems that the pulley has a wobble..bolts are tight. Do I have the bolt patter 1 off? Cause I know it's partial to that.

And on another note...just me or are thermostat housing the biggest pain in the ~~~?

It is possible that you have the bolt pattern off on the crank pulley. If all 4 bolts didn't easily start, then it is off. It is possible to actually start all 4 bolts if the pattern is not correct, but they are difficult to tighten--don't ask how I know :rolleyes:

spetz01 said:
And on another note...just me or are thermostat housing the biggest pain in the ~~~?

To get sealed? Not just you, if that sucker ever gets uneven its almost impossible to keep it from dripping. Have to do some light beating on it to get it back flush and don't over tighten the bolts.

spetz01 said:
Just installed a new BHJ billet balancer (just leave that alone) and a billet march pulley onto that.

Seems that the pulley has a wobble..bolts are tight. Do I have the bolt patter 1 off? Cause I know it's partial to that.

Could be one off. Found out when I put the UD crank pulley back on during my rebuild that the shop that had put it on the first time didn't line the holes up and so none of the bolts wanted to go in. I had to retap the holes. And yes, the friggin' thermo housing is a pain. I used a felpro gasket and Permatex copper RTV. That fixed my leak (used black RTV that came with the felpro gasket set initially).

Back