Spark plugs

Raptor

Since it seems Ford has discontinued the AWSF34PP
and all double platinum plugs, what is everybody using now?

Here are some options...

AutoLite #APP 2544 (stock replacement/long end)
AutoLite #APP 764 (Short end/one range cooler)
AutoLite #APP 103 (short end/two ranges cooler)

I prefer the APP764 plugs but any of these should work for you. (The APP103 may be better for highly modded engines.) Just stay away from Bosch plugs... They don't work well in our cars.

From what my parts man told me, they did not discontinue the plugs, they changed the part #'s on all of the spark plugs.

SC Spark Plugs

birds4us said:
From what my parts man told me, they did not discontinue the plugs, they changed the part #'s on all of the spark plugs.

I got the replacement part #/ plugs from Max at FiveStar and they are not double Platinum.

with taylor wires

dont you have to gap at .0350?

i run 8mm motorcraft wires with app764 gapped at .050.

and so far so spark blowout like my coppers...then again the previous owner left coppers in for me, didnt tell me...they must have been in there awhile...car ran like crap.
runs sweet now.

I'll second that

acb92sc said:
DING! WE HAVE A WINNER IN MY BOOK. CAR RUNS SO MUCH SMOOTHER WITH THESE.

I'm running the same, NGK Iridium plugs and Taylor wires, and am happy with both.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX Sport

Raptor said:
Since it seems Ford has discontinued the AWSF34PP
and all double platinum plugs, what is everybody using now?

The replacement in an AGSF-34F-MF6. It has a "fine-wire", (Ford's description) Platinum, center electrode. Apparently the outer electrode is not platinum.

Spark Plugs

MyWife'sSC said:
The replacement in an AGSF-34F-MF6. It has a "fine-wire", (Ford's description) Platinum, center electrode. Apparently the outer electrode is not platinum.

Does anyone have experience with these? Need a safe plug for stock engine.
Don't have time to try out the unknown.

I've used both the motorcraft FM and PP plugs, the double platinum ones are a "little" better, but If you have old crappy wires it wont make a difference. I hear autolites are good too, they'll probly all perform about the same, depending on how thier gapped and how often thier changed. stay away from bosch's.

Back