PDA

View Full Version : SC Rock City VI - annual Chattanooga meet

SCme
08-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Well since it is now August, we need to start a tread on getting the party started. Do we even want to do it since only a couple showed up last year? Shoot I don't even have a MN-12. :mad: :p

Mike post your open weekends from racing and we can go from there.

Mike Puckett
08-02-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm off this weekend, race the next 3 Saturdays in a row, am off Labor Day weekend, the next weekend is MOPAR weekend. I'm not sure after that. Labor Day weekend would be good.

RedSCSpeedster
08-02-2006, 05:16 PM
im in, keep me posted

XR7Kurt
08-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm in and should be open to almost any weekend.

Kurt

SCme
08-09-2006, 10:12 AM
OK, I'll throw out a weekend date. How about October 28 & 29? That's the weekend of the Dawsonville GA 39th annual Moonshine Festival.

I've been told it is a pretty cool thing to see, plus the drive in the Blue Ridge Mountains in the fall is what makes it great to live here in this area.

Or there is the 2006 Forge Muscle Car Show, but it's a Friday/Saturday date, October 20-21 here in Chattanooga. It an invitation only show. 60's -early 70's Factory Musclecars, Super Stock, Funny cars, A/FX, and dealer prepped. This is not a World of Wheels type show, but if you like COPOS, BERGERS, YENKOS, NICKEYS, BALDWIN-MOTIONS and many others this should be a cool thing to see. $10.00 to get in and it runs 9am-6pm both days.

sizemoremk
08-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I can prolly come also, it would be good to meet some of you guys!

Just pick a date and I'll try to make it.

youngfordfan61
09-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey guys,
I have a 93' and live in Cumming thats just South of dawsonville. I didnt even konw there was a southeast chapter. That would be awesome if a bunch of scs could meet up in a local shopping center and cruise up to see the moonshine festival..Id love to see some other sc's..
mattcwill@aol.com

Daspanka
09-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Hey, youngfordfan61, I live in Birmingham and my son and I pass through Cumming on our way to and from Road Atlanta. We take Highway 20 to avoid the FUBAR in Atlanta on the weekends. It's a nice route also.
Count me in for the 28th & 29th. Also, the weekend before (20th - 22nd) is the SVRA season ender at Road Atlanta. Great racing (Can Am, Trans Am, Early GT, usually a mid-ninety's F1 car or two and Champ cars/ Indy cars). You can tent camp, cook out, drink beer and watch racing.
They also have Track Touring where you can get your SC out on Road Atlanta and squeal the tires a bit:) . You can't go full blast, but 70-80mph on the straights and take the corners as you like:D
I'd love to see several SC's out on the track at the same time. If anyone is interested in attending and maybe "caravaning" to the track, just PM or email me.
pgc@bhate-eng.com

SCme
09-29-2006, 12:10 AM
OK, we need to get something going on this or just call it off totally. How about we try for one of these 2 weekends, either October 21-22 or October 28-29. How about we email which weekend will work and the winner will be when we have the meet? Any objection to that?

If not then:

If you are interested in attending please send me an email to chatmeet06@charter.net with the following information

Your name
How many will attend with you
Which weekend you perfer to attend.
Which day you plan on getting to the meet, if Friday please let me know, so if we have enough, we could do something that night.
Which day you plan on leaving.
A price range on a motel room. If we get enough, maybe one of the ones there at Exit 1 will give a discount.

Please email me this information by no later then midnight Saturday October 07, 2006 for your weekend pick to be included in the vote off. Any after that will just be towards the informal registration process.

XR7Kurt
10-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Any results?

SCme
10-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Any results?

I've had 2 people email me their vote/info and 2 post on TCCoA that any date will be OK and that is it. Right now, to me, it looks like there is not going to be a Chattanooga meet again this year.

XR7Kurt
10-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, just in case it is not completely dead yet, I would definately be in for the 29th and possibly the 28th.

Kurt

1bad67cat
10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
wish I woulda seen this sooner. I live in Cleveland.