School me about MAF's

Blk89TBSC

I'm looking to pick up an 80mm one from an L. How are they calibrated? Can a single computer flash calibrate them? I'm confused. :D

BT Motorsports said:
Why are you changing your MAF, do you have larger injectors to go in at the same time?

Paul

Going to a 2.8" pulley, Taking the cats off and running a 3" catback. I was looking at TB's but the price is nuts for what you get.

Edit - Have the chance to pick up a 90 mm unit for 50 dollars.

Last edited:
Blk89TBSC said:
Going to a 2.8" pulley, Taking the cats off and running a 3" catback. I was looking at TB's but the price is nuts for what you get.
How is less than $150 shipped for a brand new 75MM TB "nuts"? :confused: If you think that's nuts then sell your SC quick before you get your wake up call. :eek:

Edit - Have the chance to pick up a 90 mm unit for 50 dollars.
Good luck trying to make the car run with a 90MM MAF on it. Now THAT would be a waste of money. :cool:

XR7 Dave said:
How is less than $150 shipped for a brand new 75MM TB "nuts"? :confused: If you think that's nuts then sell your SC quick before you get your wake up call. :eek:

Dave,

Where can you get a TB for that price?

Why won't a 90mm Maf work on our cars?

Last edited:
Blk89TBSC said:
Dave,

Not trying to be a budinsky, but I imagine David meant a MAF and not a TB. You can get the 75mm MAF from him as well as other vendors. (Edit, my mistake, he WAS talking about TBs. Hmmm $150 is a very good price.) You will peg the voltage on a 90mm LMAF before you will a 75mm C&L or comparable MAF.

Last edited:
Blk89TBSC said:
Dave,

Check the group purchases forum.

Because the electronics are completely different. It can be made to work but it requires a custom chip and very often a dyno tune to get it to work. Not exactly a cost effective mod. At your power level you could run an 80MM Mark VIII MAF, do a search here to find out what years work because not all do.

Back