help replacing clutch and slave cylinder

chogs89

I was wondering how much work its going to take to change out the clutch and slave cylinder and around how much money its goin to cost me and ne good sites to get stuff from. thanks

Do not buy a LUK. They are JUNK! I am sure a lot of people will chime in and say otherwise. But after installing the LUK clutch kit. The slave blew 1500 miles later. So to me its junk. It was only like $265 for the kit. (clutch, slave & bearing)

chogs89 said:
I was wondering how much work its going to take to change out the clutch and slave cylinder and around how much money its goin to cost me and ne good sites to get stuff from. thanks

If you have access to a lift and air tools maybe 1-2 hours, if you're on your back with hand tools around 3-4 hours for the first time. I could yank my 5spd out in about 1 hr with hand tools and on my back, but it was in and out may times in a short span.

Slave should run you around $75.00 +/-. Clutch kit starting around $250.00 and more if you want more clutch. If you have the cash to spend, I would look at adding a lightweight aluminum flywheel, if not don't forget to have your flywheel resurfaced and shim the slave by around the amount they remove.

Tip, drop the pumpkin and slid the d/s back over it to allow enough room for the tranny to come out instead of taking it totally out. Also if you don't have a lift, make sure to jack the car up high enough to slide the tranny out, the bellhousing is quite large and what may seem high enough most of the time is not.

Back