strange noise from air box???

KEVINV

my 95 sc auto w/76000 miles is making a strange noise.it starts up&after a few seconds starts making a noise like a fog horn that comes out of the air box.when you give it gas it goes away.let off gas when coasting or idle it makes noise again.it is a constant noise.when you put in park,the rpms go up to 2000.shut it off & a big fog horn noise bellows out.any ideas ?thanks ,kevin

Ica?

KEVINV said:
my 95 sc auto w/76000 miles is making a strange noise.it starts up&after a few seconds starts making a noise like a fog horn that comes out of the air box.when you give it gas it goes away.let off gas when coasting or idle it makes noise again.it is a constant noise.when you put in park,the rpms go up to 2000.shut it off & a big fog horn noise bellows out.any ideas ?thanks ,kevin
That reminds me of an ICA problem that someone was talking about here once.

Actually...

It's called the IAC (or Idle Air Control) module. And you are correct rickbtbird, the "honking goose" noise is caused by a bad IAC.

Replace your IAC

High RPM and Fog Horn noise when shutting down = New IAC. I believe the cost from Ford is around - $80. Do a Search on this Forum for IAC and you'll get more info about your problem.

Good Luck - JT

Back