Suspension Problems...

darkstar_one

well recently, i replaced most of my suspension components, in the front i just didnt replace the strut rod to frame bushings, but everything else is new, KYB GR-2 shocks all around, new shock/strut mounts, hell i dont remember how much i spent, but i still have a harsh ride, its too harsh, my friends 89 IROC-Z rides better and he has blown shocks, you can feel any damn bump in the road, i hate it, you can feel the tire jumping up and down over any crack, whats up with this, anyone's ride is harsh also? im thinking of maybe getting another SC because i think this one maybe cursed suspension wise, let me know please. oh yeah my wheel tire size is 245/45/17 maybe that has to do with it. thanks

A 45 profile tire has a LOT to do with that symptom. If you lowered it it gets even worse. If you have some stocker tires and wheels throw them on and see the difference. I for one like the stiff ride as long as the road is smooth:D

mines the same way lowered have replaced almost every thing suspesion wise went with a 255/50/17 in the rear helped some but I think its the nature of the beast ...................just gotta love it !!!!!!

Not only that, but you have increased the weight of the unsprung weight. Those HUGE brakes you added didnt help the quality either. My suggestion is that you deal with it. Everything you have done makes it perform a ton better, but then you have to weigh the odds of the daily drive. I know it sucks...I am on the fence about my bucket too...

Chris

darkstar_one said:
well recently, i replaced most of my suspension components, in the front i just didnt replace the strut rod to frame bushings, but everything else is new, KYB GR-2 shocks all around, new shock/strut mounts, hell i dont remember how much i spent, but i still have a harsh ride, its too harsh, my friends 89 IROC-Z rides better and he has blown shocks, you can feel any damn bump in the road, i hate it, you can feel the tire jumping up and down over any crack, whats up with this, anyone's ride is harsh also? im thinking of maybe getting another SC because i think this one maybe cursed suspension wise, let me know please. oh yeah my wheel tire size is 245/45/17 maybe that has to do with it. thanks
The SC ride was made for speed, not comfort in the first place.

i though it was made for both:confused: :confused: :confused:
my rides kinda bumpy too, 215 50 17, and mostly poly bushings, shock condition unknown.....

Last edited:
Back