Split port heads, All years the same?

SupachargedSC

I am contemplating doing a split port swap on my bird at the same time I switch from sc to turbo. Are all split port heads created equal? I got a set from a friend that came off of a 99 windstar along with the upper intake manifold. Does anyone know the difference in flow from a stock sc head vs a stock sp head?
Thanks

I don't have any hard numbers sitting in front of me, but this is what I've been told by machinist who has ported both.

Stock vs stock, the splitport flows more intake and about the same to a little more on the exhaust side.

Ported vs ported, the single port heads are by far superior to the split port.

So if you're planning on any type of port work, I'd stick with the stock heads, but if you're not going to port the heads, then if it tickles you right, go with the split port.

I too was contemplating a splitport swap until I found out more detailed info. Even on a mild port the split ports appear better, but if you're going with an all-out port, then single port is definately the way to go.

My .02

If you would deside to use ported SC heads. And since your going with a turbo. I would NOT use the SC manifold.

Thanks Randy

Last edited:
Back