weird noise

thundrburd

OK, every now and again when I'm driving, and it seems to be before it shifts or when coasting, my 95 sc will make a wierd as noise, its kind of like a screetching squeel noise, does anyone know what could be wrong, I cant really explain the noise, but its only every now and again, not all the time, also my sc is stock, yet I only get about 15 mpg, even when I drive it good, is this normal or could something be wrong ? I just put a reman motor from ford in about 3000 miles ago, thanks

Dude,

It sounds like your trans has got some issues. Does it feel like your problems are coming from there?

15 mpg is kinda low for a stock SC. My '93 5 Speed gets 17-22 pretty consistently depending on where I'm driving.

Ted

well actually, it has been slipping lately , every now and again, usually only when I just start driving it will slip a little, but after I have been driving it a little , it is fine

My friends '96 Ranger had a bucking problem. It wound up that he had never changed his trans fluid and the stuff was black!

I had good luck on a C4 in a '68 Torino by changing the fluid, filter, and adding some of the Lucas oil treatment. Made a noticeable difference.

thundrburd said:
well actually, it has been slipping lately , every now and again, usually only when I just start driving it will slip a little, but after I have been driving it a little , it is fine

I've always been told that you shouldnt change the fluid if it gets to old, cause that will mess it up that much faster

Thats what my friend said too before we changed his. Well, 12,000 miles later its still running great. If your filter is plugged up, how are you going to get fluid to where it needs to be when it needs to get there?

What good is burnt trans fluid?

You could always change out the fluid and filter, run it for a while, and then do it again a couple days later so that the fresh fluid cleans out the trans.

The only other options seems to be inevitable failure of the trans.

thundrburd said:
I've always been told that you shouldnt change the fluid if it gets to old, cause that will mess it up that much faster

I guess you have a point, does anyone have any suggestions of what the weird noise is ?? it almost seems to be getting worse, thanks

Back