Help me decide. Vacuum leak or Fuel problem?

Blk89TBSC

Helping a friend rebuild his motor. Everything has been reassembled on the car but the car will not start. Get good vacuum but nada. Turn the key, Put Put die. What do you think? Air leak? Fuel pump gone?

Blk89TBSC said:
Helping a friend rebuild his motor. Everything has been reassembled on the car but the car will not start. Get good vacuum but nada. Turn the key, Put Put die. What do you think? Air leak? Fuel pump gone?
Did you do a fuel pressure test?

Timing is fine and i'm thinking it's an Air leak. The car will hold rpm if i push down on the gas pedal.

pablon2 said:
I thought you said the car would not start. I was thinking IAC if it starts and then dies.

It won't start if i don't push down on the accelerator. If i push down on it it will hold rpm till i let off.

Sorry if i confused anyone.

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Easiest way to find the leak is to get the motor running and spray some carb cleaner on all the connections and on the back side of the plenums to make sure it's not a vacuum hose leaking. Motor will rev up when it sucks in the carb cleaner. Just because the gauge shows good vacuum doesn't mean you don't have a leak big enough to cause the problem your having.

BTW, What was used to reseal the IC tube connections ?

David

Back