urgent help....SC snout seal

pdennis93

one of my friends has his 93 sc 90 percent complete after a hg job but needs a snout seal by friday..... he has tried a few places including FORD and cant get one..... where do we find some sort of sutible replacement... ive found the part no 20x47x7SC metric, on here as a sutible replacment, but where do you get one, he tried autozone and a few other autoparts places and FORD. but no one carries it....
The seal is manufactured by Chicago Rawhide.
# 7968 (preferred) #7965 or #7966 can also be used. or that aforementioned
20x47x7SC metric but where can we find one ASAP, locally within 2 days (we are in nw indiana near chicago)

someone mentioned this about the bearings, but does this mean a gm alternator would have the proper seal?

"I have been using bearings for a GM alt. for the rear case half. they have the seal and come greased. Also they are dirt cheap, i think 6 bucks a pair."

As you have discovered it is not a Ford part!

The real good double lipped Viton seal is Chicago Rawhide #7968. It is about $25-$30, my auto parts stored ordered one for me.

Less expensive seals can be ordered (Chicago Rawhide #7966 or #7969, about $5), from Glazier's Mustang Barn. Just call (1-800-523-6708) and ask for the Thunderbird SC seal.

US Bearings and Drives in San Jose, CA is also supposed to have these seals. Their number is 408.727.4979. Actually, any good bearing place should be able to get the seal.

TCM Seals (http://www.tcmseals.com/) also has their version of the seals and it looks like you can order online. Look up the Chicago Rawhide part numbers in the cross-reference section on their site.

NAPA part stores may also have the seal, check your yellow pages for that number!

Back