Rachet style shifter for AOD ?

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Does anyone have some pictures and the part number for a rachet style shifter for an AOD ? How hard was it to install ?

I'm thinking about installing one in my 93 because it's just too easy to accidentially bump the shifter at WOT.

David

Got one here too Dave, I'm suprised you don't remember it.
The only PIA was removing the shifter pan & making slight mods so the hammer will fit.
Well worth the effort. You'll like it!

SCgraphics guy said:
Got one here too Dave, I'm suprised you don't remember it.
The only PIA was removing the shifter pan & making slight mods so the hammer will fit.
Well worth the effort. You'll like it!

Todd,

I thought you had one and I was hoping you would respond. Got any pictures on what you did to install it ? BTW, does this shifter have a button for trans brake/two step limiter built in ?

David

David,

I agree with Todd.

It's got to be the quickest and safest way to shift an AOD.

It's just a shifter though; no buttons. If you need to control something else, the knob can be replaced with one with a button. I have one, but don't remember the part number - I think it's a Hurst HUU-1538510. I'm at work now, but I'll send you more info and pics when I get home.

Can the shifter be installed lower into the console where you would not have that extra piece setting on top of the console? I would do the same thing if one could do that. Has anyone tried that?

Mike

ratchet shifter

Why not look into the Magnum Grip by B&M... I am going to install that on my AOD with the manual valve body... I know that others use the Hammer but I just like the look of the pistol grip kind of old school style....:D

Back