bleeding abs. literaly

spetz01

I have a thread in the members section, but i'll try here too. I can't get my brakes to set up after bleeding.

I read in another forum that you DON"T have to pump the rear's as long as the key is on so the accumulator will run. And then the next guy's all like pump and bleed, with the key on.

~~~?

spetz01 said:
I have a thread in the members section, but i'll try here too. I can't get my brakes to set up after bleeding.

I read in another forum that you DON"T have to pump the rear's as long as the key is on so the accumulator will run. And then the next guy's all like pump and bleed, with the key on.

~~~?
Abs requires no pumping while bleeding. That's what the pump is for.

so just turn her on and open them up one at a time? then just do the fronts normaly with pumping?

At least that's what Manual told me.

spetz01 said:
so just turn her on and open them up one at a time? then just do the fronts normaly with pumping?

I don't know what kind of brakes you have but mine has abs on all 4 wheels. No pumping required on any of them. You just have to insure that the peddle is down to the floor when you bleed.

well mines a 90...do they not all have the same ~~~~~?

i'm just going by the lame haynes manual.

spetz01 said:
well mines a 90...do they not all have the same ~~~~~?

i'm just going by the lame haynes manual.
No they don't all have the same but mine's a 90 as well. I use a 2 foot 2by4 and move the seat back and fouth to keep it on the brake peddle while bleeding.

Back