Finally my car is on the road!!!!!!

V6Sprout

I got a 10 day trip permit today, so I can get my alignment and e-test this week, and so I can attend the canal days car show on Sunday. So tonight I decided to go to the Friday night car show at the local mall, about 10-15km's miles away, a good run on the highway, man the drone is LOUD with no tailpipes, gonna try and get them on tomorrow. Drives pretty straight for no alignment, but we took the entire front wend off another stang steering rack and all so we didn't change the alignment much, just the caster/cabmer really, the toe should be almost dead on. Car drove pretty good but there is definately some detonation in the higher rpm band, if I get on it up to half throttle everything is good, one wheel peel big time, but any more then half throttle flooring it and she detonates. Wide band tuning here we come. Other then that no real issues, water temp was great.

And now what you have been waiting for, for the past 4-5 years!!!!!!!!!!

Ways to tell its a new pic.

1. Weld wheels on the back
2. Pipe for a prop rod ( deleted prop rod when did engine bay work, gonna get hood struts)
3. 905customs.com windshield banner
4. different color engine bay
5. stock front wheels, gave the GT rims to my brother and his CRV

Attachments

• car show 001a.JPG
    car show 001a.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 69
  • car show 002a.JPG
    car show 002a.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 76
Congrats, Jamie!

...Good to see you're finally driving that car again. I hope you get the tuning issues ironed out, and the proper tags on the car soon so you can fully enjoy the thing. ;)

Cheers,

Sean

yeah me too. I got the tailpipes welded on last night so now I can get the etyest done and get my sticker. I am gonna try and pass the etest as is, I should get hod rod status so my numbers will be elevated so even if the tune is off it should still pass. The tune is good for low rpms its just when I hit 5+ lbs of boost or more then half throttle that it detonates, but lean should be better the rich for an e test I would think. I know I should get hot rod status, my buddy did with his V6 mustang and he knows the guy, I am going tot he same guy, plus Ihave talked to af ew other guys at different shops and they also said I woudl probably get hot rod status since the SC engine is completely different then the stock 3.8 and was not offered for my model year :)

Sean I'll get up there sooner or later to get those parts off ya

Jamie,
Nice to see you got the stang on the road again.
good luck on the E test I wounder if a sc bird can be called hot rod.:confused:

Back