no start after full rebuild and some harness splicing

lilredstang

I just finished transplanting the freshly rebuilt motor from my dearly departed SC into my mustang. The motor will crank , but not even attempt to fire. I have a fuel pressure guage on the rail and it IS showing pressure , but the sparks plugs are dry. After checking connections and a few other things... all I can think of it that the EEC is not telling the injectors to open...but why??:confused: Does anyone know how/what tells the EEC to open the injectors? ANY ideas or input is welcome.

I know the camshaft position sensor tells the eec what order to fire them in. How much fuel pressure is it reading? It should go up to 35-40 pounds once they fuel pump is turned on to prime the system. If you have a stethescope, you could have someone turn it over while you listen to the injectors to see if they are cycling.

The fuel pressure was 3?. Its a bit low cuz I have the green top 42lb injectors. I did put in a new crank sensor and the cam sensor is only a year or so old. I had both of them off though. My gut feeling is that its one of them thats causing this. Just for the record I eliminated the intigrated relay box and spliced in the eec power relay from the stang. Why? Well cuz all I need it to do was power the eec and why should I have the whole thing to do what just one relay could do???? I know I does the same thing, but I also just hated that ugly little box:rolleyes:

Ok so if the cam sensor tell the EEC what order to fire the injectors in, then what does the crank sensor do? Tell the EEC if its in the intake or exhaust stroke?

The crank sensor tells it when to fire the plugs.

lilredstang said:
The fuel pressure was 3?. Its a bit low cuz I have the green top 42lb injectors. I did put in a new crank sensor and the cam sensor is only a year or so old. I had both of them off though. My gut feeling is that its one of them thats causing this. Just for the record I eliminated the intigrated relay box and spliced in the eec power relay from the stang. Why? Well cuz all I need it to do was power the eec and why should I have the whole thing to do what just one relay could do???? I know I does the same thing, but I also just hated that ugly little box:rolleyes:

Ok so if the cam sensor tell the EEC what order to fire the injectors in, then what does the crank sensor do? Tell the EEC if its in the intake or exhaust stroke?

Back