Twitchy Volt Gauge

Dahoopd

Any ideas.............When I turn on the blinkers the volt gauge twitches along to the click of the blinkers. I checkeed the ground and it is good. It has a new battery. I havent had the alternator checked out yet.

Thanks

Dahoopd said:
Any ideas.............When I turn on the blinkers the volt gauge twitches along to the click of the blinkers. I checkeed the ground and it is good. It has a new battery. I havent had the alternator checked out yet.

Thanks

Anyone Gotta clue or is this best suited for the "other" sites. Please throw me some snot or an answer if you will. Thanks

It's common for the voltage gauge to bounce with the blinkers on. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your car.

-Rod

My LX's allways did that, the only way to make it stop was to drive with headlights, wipers, A/C, stereo cranked and sitting at a stoplight. Then it was just way low:)

racecougar said:
It's common for the voltage gauge to bounce with the blinkers on. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your car.

-Rod

Rod,

Does yours move like a 1/4 of an inch on each click. Its crazy. Its not just a nudge, It moves sporadic.

the annoying bounce

This always drove me nuts also. You wont fix this problem by replacing you alternator. My lx v-6 did this but my lx 5.0 din't. I think possibly a bigger alternator mayyy fix the problem.

I threw you all the snot I could man!

hope that helps

Dahoopd said:
Rod,

Does yours move like a 1/4 of an inch on each click. Its crazy. Its not just a nudge, It moves sporadic.

Yep. I've yet to own one that didn't do that.

-Rod

Thankyou guys, I thought maybe I had some serious problems. That is kinda weird that it does that.

Its ok but if you were to tell us that your sc did this we would need to slap you with a alternator cus there is no volt gauge. Hey why dose my vac boost gauge keep spinning around in circles only after 12 beers?

Back