Never knew what the 17's on my SC were like!!! DAMN!!!

M

Mike Manzo

Never knew what the 17's on my SC were like!!! DAMN!!!

After 2 years of sitting in boxes, I got the tires for my 17x9 Cobra R rims. I bought these things back in the days of Bill Hull and the SCCOA for under $700 (some promotional deal)

Anyway, I aint gonna go into it, but they were meant for my 93 which sits with Coy Miller in Virginia with the original rims and brand new Pirelli P7000s on them...

Anyway, since then I got a 94 and needed tires really bad...Instead of buying another set of 16 inch tires, I got the 17s I needed for when the 93 returns...

On the stock suspension I must say that Ford REALLY REALLY REALLY should have put 17s on this car...WHAT A FRIGGIN DIFFERENCE!!!

I am running 245/45/17 in front and 275/40/17 in rear with Pirelli P7000 Supersports... I must say that they stick to the road in all weather!!!

Now I need another set so I can have them on both cars!!

Why...Why...Why did I get engaged!!!

:)

Mike

That is the setup that I would like to put on my car. Right now I have 245's all around. I would really like to go bigger 275's on the rear to put the power to the road a little more. Do you have any pictures of how the backs fit in the wheel well?

P7000 SS

P7000 SS tires wear very quickly. They are the only tire I really wouldn't recommend to anyone. I went through two sets of them in about 3 months time, not even burning them out, just from hard cornering and having fun in the summer. I'd never buy them again.

I bet the 275's look wicked on the rear!!! Post some pics.

-Scott-
small.jpg

1992 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
1990 Thunderbird SC automatic
1993 Audi quattro 5-speed

They wear that fast??

I never really got the chance to evaluate my 16" set of 7000 Supersports, but used the wear chart provided by TireRack when picking a tire..

When I got my P6000s I used the same scale and they lasted me about 1 1/2 years..

I hope they dont wear out too quick...

I have to say that they are a hard tire since my stock engine (stock everything) can lite them pretty well...

We shall see, I guess...

Thanks for the input and I will have pics on here and on my site soon..

www.thunderbirdsc.com

a picture

i had the same setup on my 96 4.6 last summer, 245/45 up front, 275/40 out back. It was awesome. This picture is from last summer, so its the 275's. Now ive got 255/45, the 275s are up in tire heaven :(

man i loved how wide these things were

ext13.jpg

335-35-17's

The dimension of the 335-35-17 looks like not a bad match up for the SC...only at 26" tall and over 12.5" wide depending on the tire co...Looks like the widest application in a 17" tire at 26"...

Cheers

Back