resetting EEC

DutchSCFan76

Hi,

I want the EEC to be reset, like disconnecting the + for a while... But if I unhook the + connection from my battery my car alarm goes off, straight away (it has a built in backup battery)... So i only get a few seconds. I live in closed community where the neighbors wont appreciate the sound of my alarm.

is there any other way to reset the computer? By pulling a fuse or something?
how long does the computer need to be helt from power till its reset?

any suggestions appreciated!

Eelko

I guess you could unplug it right at the EEC in the passengers side kick panel, but thats too much work. I would just unplug the alarm horn or otherwise disable it and take off the battery cable. Ive allways left it overnight after changing something and its reset in the morning. Thats probably longer than it needs though.

7birdslater said:
I guess you could unplug it right at the EEC in the passengers side kick panel, but thats too much work. I would just unplug the alarm horn or otherwise disable it and take off the battery cable. Ive allways left it overnight after changing something and its reset in the morning. Thats probably longer than it needs though.

hey 7birdlater,

Thnx for the quick reply.

The horn & backup battery are in one anti-demolition housing. if i cut the wires to remove the horn, the horn will go off for hours before the built in battery dies! :mad:

The horn part has a lock to switch the alarm off manually. But i didnt get a key when i bought my car.

Today already checked for location of EEC, and ripped most parts at the passenger side, but besides big wire harnesses i could not detect the EEC module... :confused:

but there is not a fuse i can pull to disable the EEC for a while?

thnx
Eelko

There is a fuse in the under hood fuse box that reads eec. Im just not sure which one it is. As for the EEC it way up under the dash. Its a pain to get to.

I found this on the TCCOA forum:

To do the reset via Fuse #15, you have to do the folowing;

1. Remove Fuse #15
2. Attempt to start the engine (it won't run with the fuse out)
3. Put fuse back in.

Computer is now reset.

Gonna try this :), might help for others with same problem as I have

fuseboxunderhood.jpg

Back