Poof

92SC

I recently put a crank in our 92 SC. The car was running fine and my son called me from the road to tell me it was running good. wile he was on the phone he said something just happened. The motor quit and white smoke came from under the hood. When I got to the car it just wouldnt start. sounded like it wanted to but wouldnt. After getting it home, checked compression, spark, 40 lbs fuel pressure. Then I noticed the blower made a strange clunking noise as I twisted it back and forth. Ipulled the air box and started playing with the vains. By putting a plastic handle in the vains I discovered I could still turn the pully almost a 1/4 turn. Is this OK. the car has a new balancer,cam and crank sensor. Key on engine not running the only code comes up in low voltage to throtle position sensor. All air tubes are tight, no loss of water no strange noises. Any sugestions or is it the blower? Does the blower have some kind of a rubber coupler inside the drive?
Thanks for any help FE Pop

There are 2 types of internal couplings for the shaft. One is solid plastic and the other has a spring. You probably have the spring type.

Back