Et Street Drag

littleboylan

I am wondering if it is ABSOLUTELY neccesary to run tubes in these tires?

It says in the description to be run with tubes, but is it a must?

Thanks Mike

It is not necessary to run tubes. They may leak some over time but it's not an issue for drag strip only use. I don't know of anyone actually using tubes.

I agree, I don't know anyone running tubes in their ET Streets or ET Drags. I haven't had tubes in my ET Streets since they were installed several years ago. One of them leaks down faster than the other, but I just fill them with air before I head to the track and I'm good for the night--including the 30+ mile drive to and from the track that I ocassionally make on the ET Streets (vs changing at the track).

Mustang guys usually run lower pressure than we will run. One you get down to the 10 psi range you may need tubes and or screws, but most MN12's will run 18 ish psi and at that pressure you shouldn't need tubes. And like Kurt said, one of mine would hold air fine, the other would go dead flat over the course of a few months. So just pump em up before use and you'll be fine for the few hours you spend racing.

Micah

Thanks

Thanks guys, I wasnt sure about it or not, but looks like I wont pick up the tubes when I purchase the tires.

Mike

littleboylan said:
Thanks guys, I wasnt sure about it or not, but looks like I wont pick up the tubes when I purchase the tires.

Mike

Mike,

I would suggest using the M/T ET streets not the ET drags. With the streets you can race the car in the DOT street tire classes or the slick class. With the drags you can only race in slick tire classes, which usually means you will be forced to race against those noisy wheelie popping cars at most tracks.

The ET streets will work great on your car. 26" X 10.5" x 16" will work best on stock SC wheels.

David

PS: I don't use tubes either.

I was looking at the ET Street Drags, is that the same as the et drags?

I was told not to go with the Et Street Radials.

Thanks Mike

Ok, that is the one I was looking at.

Im going to buy these without the tubes, and mount them on a set of stocker sc wheels.

Thanks
Mike

littleboylan said:
Ok, that is the one I was looking at.

Im going to buy these without the tubes, and mount them on a set of stocker sc wheels.

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

Those will work fine, so long as your not running with oversized rear brakes. I didn't see anything listed on your member page, but one of the pictures looks like slotted rotors up front, so I thought I should mention it.

David

David Neibert said:
Mike,

I would suggest using the M/T ET streets not the ET drags. With the streets you can race the car in the DOT street tire classes or the slick class. With the drags you can only race in slick tire classes, which usually means you will be forced to race against those noisy wheelie popping cars at most tracks.

The ET streets will work great on your car. 26" X 10.5" x 16" will work best on stock SC wheels.

David

PS: I don't use tubes either.
Member page says 3.27 rear. Would he have better results with the 27's?

Ira

Yes from what I hear now, its unfortunate that I have the 3.27s, and yes I do have to shift up to 4th gear, at roughly 3/4 track too. So I know its gotta hurt me somewhat.

I would also like to know if a taller tire will be better?

Thanks Mike

littleboylan said:
Yes from what I hear now, its unfortunate that I have the 3.27s, and yes I do have to shift up to 4th gear, at roughly 3/4 track too. So I know its gotta hurt me somewhat.

I would also like to know if a taller tire will be better?

Thanks Mike

Good point Irar....I didn't know they even offered them in 27". Not sure how the math works out, but I would assume the 27" tires would be an improvement.

David

et...

I have the ET Streets, set at 18 to 20 psi. Last week I pulled a 1.67 60 foot with them. They hook very good and I have driven to the track with them on as well. Just don't do any quick sharp turns on the street:D

David Neibert said:
Good point Irar....I didn't know they even offered them in 27". Not sure how the math works out, but I would assume the 27" tires would be an improvement.

David
Those are the ones I just got from SCP. They fit the stock wheels well, and Bill had them to me in 3 days. Much cheaper then the ones listed at the Summit site too!

Ira

27" tire will put you at about 6000rpm through the traps. A 28 would be better. MT lists a 28-11.50-16 that has "only" 8.6" of tread width. Seems the sidewalls bulge pretty good on it but it should tuck under the fender just like the 27-10.50-16.

Now that I have more power throughout the band, would you be shifting at a higher rpm, and if so where at.

And as fas as tire height, how do you calculate the rpms vs tire height ratio.

Thanks Mike

Back