SC pully question

shawpdx1

I read a post that said instead of doing a 5 or 10% SC pully do a jack shaft pully what is the differance or am I misunderstanding , thanks TED

Both pulleys give you the same result if you change their size as the jackshaft drives the SC pulley.

SC pulley is small and if you make it smaller you have a chance of slipping and then loosing the boost and tearing up belts. If you were only going 5% I wouldn't worry about it though.

Jackshaft pulley is a lot larger pulley so taking 5 or 10% off of it won't make a difference in terms of surface area and slipping. Costs more but easier to install.

shotbirdsc said:
Both pulleys give you the same result if you change their size as the jackshaft drives the SC pulley.

SC pulley is small and if you make it smaller you have a chance of slipping and then loosing the boost and tearing up belts. If you were only going 5% I wouldn't worry about it though.

Jackshaft pulley is a lot larger pulley so taking 5 or 10% off of it won't make a difference in terms of surface area and slipping. Costs more but easier to install.

On my ESM jackshaft pulley, the 10% overdrive was accomplished by increasing the diameter of the portion of the pulley that drives the supercharger and required using a slightly longer belt. The portion of the pulley that is driven from the crankshaft pulley appears to be stock diameter.

Here is a picture of the ESM 10 rib 10% jackshaft pulley compared to an ESM 10 rib standard diameter.

JackshaftPulleys.jpg

David

PS: The jackshaft pulley is located beneath the AC compressor.

Last edited:
Back