SC pully question

shawpdx1

I read a post that said instead of doing a 5 or 10% SC pully do a jack shaft pully what is the differance or am I misunderstanding , thanks TED

duplicate post
do a search

but anyways here is the answer you're looking for:

the j/s pulley is easier to change, and will not slip like it would if you were doing an s/c overdrive pulley. the j/s pulley will overdrive the sc itself like the s/c pulley would without the slip that a smaller diameter s/c pulley would have.

and if its mostly stock do not do anything above 5%, and even then you are pushing it.

I am running the 5% JS and 5% blower pullies.....

With this setup, you can use the original belts and not have the problems with belt slipage that happens with some of the 10% blower pullies.....

However, I do have plans on upgrading to a 10% blower pulley and overdrive my blower by 15%.....

the-big-e said:
I am running the 5% JS and 5% blower pullies.....

With this setup, you can use the original belts and not have the problems with belt slipage that happens with some of the 10% blower pullies.....

However, I do have plans on upgrading to a 10% blower pulley and overdrive my blower by 15%.....

Your member page says exhaust as a future plan. Have you changed it yet?

Oh, and I am running a 5% aluminum SC and 10% aluminum JS pullies with metal idler pullies and I had belt slip once so far. Anyone else running metal idlers get a little belt glaze on them?

Last edited:
the-big-e said:

Why don't you do a 10% jackshaft (less chance of belt slipping) and I'll take your 5% jackshaft off your hands for you. :eek: :D ;)

They make a 10% JS pulley??????

I don't really push the RPMs on my ride with this setup, but I am happy with the increased performance that the 5% / 5% gives you....

The exhaust will be modified before any more blower mods.....

The 94 / 95 blower is waiting to be installed in a few weeks....

RadiumSC said:
Why don't you do a 10% jackshaft (less chance of belt slipping) and I'll take your 5% jackshaft off your hands for you. :eek: :D ;)

Back