IAC Problems.

tattoo

Hey Guys,
Well it seems my IAC is on its way out.I have the infamous "honk" under the hood.First off i want to try and adjust my idle speed,right now it's at 1100 at start up and 1000 after 4-5 sec 975 in gear.I have looked back at some other posts to see about setting the idle and i cant seem to find the adjustment for it,can anyone tell where i should be looking and maybe a pic too.Second if i just disconnect my IAC will this bring my idle down to where is should be?..Until i can get a new one.I understand that it is for cold air idle,it's not cold here yet so would this work?...Thanks,Ed.

hey ed

when mine went I put a pice of cardboard between the IAC and the TB to block it from working I managed to adjust the idle just enough so that it was running fine u will notice poor gas miliage and sometimes when u start it up cold and until it warms up u will have to keep the engine reved to keep it from stalling.

I just put a used one on and yet again I am starting to get the symptoms that its not working again other then the honk I have not got that yet my car just wants to stall when I start it cold :)

but yah u can take the IAC off and but a piece of cardboard between and the car will run just fine :)

Back