Boost control

SC POWER

How can I build a boost control valve for my sc?

I can do the electrical part, but I don't know what I need. This is first time thing here.

I'll be working with tps, eec, and flip switch.

Last edited:
How you can build one... well, I have one (crazy) idea.
Bypass valve you and all SC owner have is held open (-> bypassing supercharger -> no boost) by vacuum. As vacuum drops close to 0, bypass starts to close and boost builds up.
Now, idea is that you add extra control to bypass vacuum input, if boost increases beyond preset limit you switch normal vacuum line to your own that starts to open bypass little bit -> boost gets no higher.
Tricky part is that there is no vacuum source when you have boost :) -> electric vacuum pump?

Or you could replace bypass vacuum unit with electrical version and use electronics to close/open it... then you have total control over it.

Other idea, create a new bypass in addition of original, and install a normal turbo bypass valve (not blowoff or venting to the atmosphere). Not overly expensive but you have to create piping :(

Other eaton like superchargers are used somekind of dual purpose bypass to limit boost, very similar to SC original bypass but also account boost limit, not just vacuum.

Jogi said:
How you can build one... well, I have one (crazy) idea.
Bypass valve you and all SC owner have is held open (-> bypassing supercharger -> no boost) by vacuum. As vacuum drops close to 0, bypass starts to close and boost builds up.
Now, idea is that you add extra control to bypass vacuum input, if boost increases beyond preset limit you switch normal vacuum line to your own that starts to open bypass little bit -> boost gets no higher.
Tricky part is that there is no vacuum source when you have boost :) -> electric vacuum pump?

Or you could replace bypass vacuum unit with electrical version and use electronics to close/open it... then you have total control over it.

Other idea, create a new bypass in addition of original, and install a normal turbo bypass valve (not blowoff or venting to the atmosphere). Not overly expensive but you have to create piping :(

Other eaton like superchargers are used somekind of dual purpose bypass to limit boost, very similar to SC original bypass but also account boost limit, not just vacuum.

Thanks, this is what I just might do. No boost on start and have it full bllast when already rolling.

indeed. Making that boost when you leave is why we make so much low end torque... which is what initially gets the car moving. Kill the boost "down low" and the car will be a slug until its moving... screw that. These cars dont make enough power to slow em down out the gate.

Controlling Boost

I have manual control over my right foot. Works just fine for controlling boost.

68COUGAR

Back