Ford says we dont work on SCs to hard

PETEp

:p Took my still skiping SC to the Ford dealer, They told me they don`t work on SC any more to hard. I just wanted to see if they could check the cam sensor. I am going to change the gas filter and the cam sensor next . I was looking for some advice. He told me that I will never fix the car every day there will be something new to make it run bad and I should buy a new Mustang. I don`t think so!

FORD sold me a 4 wire A/C sensor, when I was looking for a 2 wire Hi Side Pressure Switch for a Crown Victoria.
I showed FORD the wiring diagram, which showed a two wire sensor, they said the drawing is wrong, and I received the right part, and since I opened the plastic bag, I am stuck with the part, I can not return it.

re ford

It starts bucking skiping after I drive 15 20 min if I turn it off and re start it it runs better but the tac stays at 0. when the tac comes back so does the skiping bucking. The SCCoA board has given me lots of help I just have to get my but in gear and try to fix it . I dont drive it every day its a garage queen. Maybe I should take it out and beat the sh!!! out of it:confused:

PETEp said:
:p Took my still skiping SC to the Ford dealer, They told me they don`t work on SC any more to hard. I just wanted to see if they could check the cam sensor. I am going to change the gas filter and the cam sensor next . I was looking for some advice. He told me that I will never fix the car every day there will be something new to make it run bad and I should buy a new Mustang. I don`t think so!
Who did you talk to there, a saleman? Most places don't work on Super Coupes motors because they can't fix them in the first place but, they will charge you an arm and a leg to tell you they can't. I've had the best luck when I new what the problem was going in.

PETEp said:
It starts bucking skiping after I drive 15 20 min if I turn it off and re start it it runs better but the tac stays at 0

I had a similar problem to this in a SHO that I had, and I replaced the cam sensor and it did the same thing still acted up. So I took off the DIS module(also responsible for tach) and reapplied the heat sink to the bottom of it after that it fixed the problem. The heat sink under the dis dries out and once the engine/dis heats up it starts to go erratic.

Its worth a try. Heat sink compund can be bought at your local computer shop.

I had a similar story at Ford dealer when I asked them If they can change the SC fluid.There was only one mechanic which knew how to do it.I was laughing my a$$ off when a mechanic and a sales guy came by me asking.....how much did I pay for 5-speed conversion and who did that kind of job because looks like came from factory.

PETEp said:

Only thing dealers are good for is target practice:D:D:D

when the local dealer gets a cougar or t-bird they send the people to me to get fixed.thats nice of them but not a good showing on thier part send work to a backyard mechanic to fix things.

Usually i dont have a problem finding a shop to work on mine. I Usuall get outta them. Ah teh supercoupe that car was awsome 10 years ago lol

PETEp said:
It starts bucking skiping after I drive 15 20 min if I turn it off and re start it it runs better but the tac stays at 0. when the tac comes back so does the skiping bucking. The SCCoA board has given me lots of help I just have to get my but in gear and try to fix it . I dont drive it every day its a garage queen. Maybe I should take it out and beat the sh!!! out of it:confused:

My 89 did the same thing, I replaced the cam sensor. 35 or 40 bux for the sensor, and a little under 15 mins to change. 5.5mm socket needed.

I would also reapply heatsink grease to the DIS.

Stephen

I would agree that the DIS module is the first thing I would check. (Not the coil pack, but the little gray ignition module).

Back