major loss of power out of the hole

lon

i have a 92 sc.it has a smaller pully on the charger,full dynomax with headders,3.7.3 gear,built trans,2200 stall,shift kit.i took a friend out for a ride to show him the car.we stopped in the middle of the street and put it to the floor and spun the tires about 2 driveways.going back to his house i did the same thing but it did nothing,no tire spin not even close so i was like ~~~.got to his house and held the brake and put it to the floor(wot),boost went to 9 psi,2700 rpms and no tire spin.if i put it to the floor doing about 10-20 mph,boost gos to 15 psi and moves like a rocket.20 psi of vac,trans seems fine(not slipping)fuel is good,rear end is good.has someone had this problem??if so what do i need to do to fix it.no power from a dead stop.thanks Lon

Check and make sure you didn't blow the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator doing the first burnout. If it comes off it won't increase the fuel pressure when going into boost and will run lean enough to make it feel like a real dog.

Stay out of boost until you figure out what's going on.

David

Hey dave, mine does the same thing , but only every now and again, its like It only does it when it wants to piss me off, any suggestions on what could be wrong with mine ?

the charger needs new gaskits,oil level is about a inch from the top and it looks like its leaking from the back(not bad).im going to start on it tomarrow but im trying to find out why i lost power like that.you think thats why i lossed out of the hole power??when im doing about 15mph it seems fine(15 psi of boost)and pulls hard but wont spin the tires from a dead stop.i just got the car 3 weeks ago(traded a 86 t-tops mustang gt for it)and never had a problem with it till yesterday and this sucks

David Neibert said:
Could be lots of things...hot motor being the most likely. SCs are usually dogs in the summer heat.

David
DOSE IT EVEN COLD AND AFTER RUNNING FOR 10-20 MINS

Back