Traction Assist

Press the button on the console ?? ;)

Or are you looking to permanently disable it? If so, I'm not sure what the easiest method is for doing that.

cheers
Ed N.

I wish the switch worked in reverse but you need some kind of relay to turn it off when the car starts.

I know, the ABS light came on in my 94 LX a while back and the system doesnt work at all .. slammed on the brakes once and the car just slid across a wet road when all of the wheels locked up. It was so fun, I did it again. :D But yeah, the car isnt safe if I ever needed it.

- Dan

Ddubb said:
I know, the ABS light came on in my 94 LX a while back and the system doesnt work at all .. slammed on the brakes once and the car just slid across a wet road when all of the wheels locked up. It was so fun, I did it again. :D But yeah, the car isnt safe if I ever needed it.

- Dan

If you've never driven without ABS then you have to learn how to drive differently. Pre ABS days we had to be responsible for slowing the car down, nowdays, ABS is responsible for slowing the car down. Slowing a car down without ABS involves more than stepping on the brake pedal. My apologies if I am insulting your intelligence. :)

since I have a 94 sc auto I know what to do. You need to find a 94+ abs computer for a car with ABS but without traction control

I dont know how many of you guys have actually USED the ABS system .. it is designed to lock and unlock the brakes so you can steer during a hard braking situation. Its actually saved me from a collision more than once, and there are times when you cant just slow down to avoid an accident, it becomes necessary to steer out of the way and if the brakes lock up thats just not going to happen.

- Dan

Ddubb said:
I dont know how many of you guys have actually USED the ABS system .. it is designed to lock and unlock the brakes so you can steer during a hard braking situation. Its actually saved me from a collision more than once, and there are times when you cant just slow down to avoid an accident, it becomes necessary to steer out of the way and if the brakes lock up thats just not going to happen.

- Dan

I couldn't agree more

You need an abs from a 5-speed 94/95

Chambers said:
Does anybody know how to disable the traction assist on the sc birds?

If I'm not mistaken, only the 94/95 4r70w cars came with the traction control which is tied in with the ABS control module (I have a 95). The 94/95 5 speed cars did not. Theoretically, the ABS control modules from one of these cars would delete your traction control without loosing your ABS. Since they only made about 1,300 5 speed cars in 94/95, might be hard to find though. If you just want to turn it off and do not care about the ABS or the light, the wires are routed through the trunk under the side panels. There's a coupling right there that you can unplug and try it out.

Daspanka said:
If I'm not mistaken, only the 94/95 4r70w cars came with the traction control which is tied in with the ABS control module (I have a 95). The 94/95 5 speed cars did not. Theoretically, the ABS control modules from one of these cars would delete your traction control without loosing your ABS. Since they only made about 1,300 5 speed cars in 94/95, might be hard to find though. If you just want to turn it off and do not care about the ABS or the light, the wires are routed through the trunk under the side panels. There's a coupling right there that you can unplug and try it out.

yes but it doesnt have to be an sc version of the non traction control car. It could be any 94+ thunderbird/couger with abs, rear discs, and no traction control

Back