Sc motor on mustang headers?

kenbossy22

would the sc motor bolt up to the mustang headers? i have a dual exhaust for my mustang and im gonna swap in a sc motor down the road just wondering if they work with each other.

Yes, the exhaust ports have the same pattern on 3.8 NA and SC heads. So no problem with that aspect of your future swap.

cheers
Ed N.

kenbossy22 said:
would the sc motor bolt up to the mustang headers? i have a dual exhaust for my mustang and im gonna swap in a sc motor down the road just wondering if they work with each other.

the headers will bolt up to the motor, however the outlets of the mustang headers will be oriented differently than the SC manifolds would be. Dunno if this would be an issue for your particular application, just thought i would point it out.

kenbossy22 said:
Everything will bolt up perfectly. ;)

No!!!!!

Car2n said:
Everything will bolt up perfectly. ;)
Anybody who says that something will "Universally" bolt up..........Is a FOOL!!!!

Yes.....It is possible to use Non-Tbird (Mustang) headers & cut & weld them to work.

(Adam in St. Joe. MI, WHERE are you?) We NEED your input!!!!

Yes, Grasshopper, It can be done, BUT..........how good are your welding skills?

68COUGAR

I think he's planning on swapping the SC motor into the Mustang, so no need to modify the headers.

- Dan

68COUGAR said:
Anybody who says that something will "Universally" bolt up..........Is a FOOL!!!!

Yes.....It is possible to use Non-Tbird (Mustang) headers & cut & weld them to work.

(Adam in St. Joe. MI, WHERE are you?) We NEED your input!!!!

Yes, Grasshopper, It can be done, BUT..........how good are your welding skills?

68COUGAR

Relax there Mark, and read the complete original post. ;) :) He has a Mustang that might be getting an SC engine swap in the future.

cheers
Ed N.

What year mustang?

The 94/95 (I believe it is) has larger "collectors" than the other years before and after, just FYI

I agree it should fit fine in the Mustang, when going into a tbird, the steering shaft interferes with the 94/95 collectors. I have a set of the 94/95 manifolds on my bird, and those were modded by tbird88...

Back