my car will...

adisont

burn the tires off, lit'em up at will, get sideways at will. i read this quite often on this site and it makes me wonder what's wrong with my car. it won't hardly spin a tire without powerbraking it. the car has always been this way. it runs great, idles smooth, good gas mileage. only runs hot when it's real hot outside. the trans doesn't slip, i just always keep looking for something that is off. anyone else in my boat. the only time mine would spin more than two feet on take off was when i had the tires off my lx on it. i would like to think mine just hooks up that good, but i don't really believe it. it will really pull on the highway i can get to 100 ish really easy. so am i alone and need to keep looking for a problem or ya'll think this is about normal. i've verified the gearing, it's still stock 3.27. i've got a scanner coming to try to determine if the car is "in spec" give me some feed back.

btw, the car is a 93sc auto,

Last edited:
adisont said:
burn the tires off, lit'em up at will, get sideways at will. i read this quite often on this site and it makes me wonder what's wrong with my car. it won't hardly spin a tire without powerbraking it. the car has always been this way. it runs great, idles smooth, good gas mileage. only runs hot when it's real hot outside. the trans doesn't slip, i just always keep looking for something that is off. anyone else in my boat. the only time mine would spin more than two feet on take off was when i had the tires off my lx on it. i would like to think mine just hooks up that good, but i don't really believe it. it will really pull on the highway i can get to 100 ish really easy. so am i alone and need to keep looking for a problem or ya'll think this is about normal. i've verified the gearing, it's still stock 3.27. i've got a scanner coming to try to determine if the car is "in spec" give me some feed back.

btw, the car is a 93sc auto,

Get some 3.73 gears and overdrive the supercharger 10%, install a shift kit and it will be much quicker.

David

Me Too

Me too.. My car runs like a raped ape on the hi-way. All I got to do is step on the gas at 40 and up to 110 in a lick.

Before I replaced my tranny, I could spin the tires with my GoodYear HP's. But since I got the Firestone FireHawks they grip like crazy, even in the wet roads. Since I replaced my tranny I'm not going to beat on it until I have a few more miles on it and take it in for a check up..

Now I don't know about all that going sideways and smoking the tires on a stock SC with an automatic and stock gear set. I just don't think that's going to happen unless you got some really loose tires on it.

tune up was about a month ago, new plugs, air filter, oil filter, trans filter, fuel filter.

I had firehawk zz50's on it before the falken's i have on it now. the firehawk's were amazing, the falken's aren't bad either stopping and starting on dry pavement they hookup pretty good. i'm really thinking of going to the 3.73's and a 5%. I've got a spare blower i was thinking of porting, the exhaust is almost done, all i have left is a resonator to replace.

adisont said:
tune up was about a month ago, new plugs, air filter, oil filter, trans filter, fuel filter.

I had firehawk zz50's on it before the falken's i have on it now. the firehawk's were amazing, the falken's aren't bad either stopping and starting on dry pavement they hookup pretty good. i'm really thinking of going to the 3.73's and a 5%. I've got a spare blower i was thinking of porting, the exhaust is almost done, all i have left is a resonator to replace.

The stock resonator is the most restrictive part of the stock exhaust, followed by the small diameter single pipe that goes past the fuel tank. Get rid of those and overdriving the blower will be more productive.

David

Back