PDA

View Full Version : transmission shift point question

T-bird Tim
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I have recently installed a fresh motor in my SC and the tranny is a rebuilt 92 AOD. I am trying to have the car dyno tuned but it shifts into the next higher gear before a good power base reading can be read. What can I do to keep the RPMs up without it up-shifting so soon. Until I can control this I cant get the tune right. Thanks

racecougar
08-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Put the shifter in "D". You should be dynotuning in third gear. Putting the shifter in "D" will keep it from shifting into overdrive.

-Rod

David Neibert
08-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Does it have a trans-go shift kit ?

David

T-bird Tim
08-10-2006, 09:27 AM
It does have a trans-go shift kit. Tried Dynoing it in "D", doesnt work either.

David Neibert
08-10-2006, 10:58 AM
With a trans-go kit it will sometimes shift into OD while the lever is in D. I've found that this can often be corrected by simply tightening the TV cable to delay the shift point. I've even seen a small stack of slotted washers installed on the cable end for tempoary use on the dyno. They are placed between the lead puck on the end of the cable and the black adjuster block, at the throttle body.

I would suggest tightning the TV cable as tight as possible without restricting the throttle movement. After your done on the dyno put it back where you had it.

David

SilverFox
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I would suggest maxing the TV cable for the test. Note that most Transgo modded vb don't have the ability to lock out OD....one of the many things I hate about that kit.

T-bird Tim
08-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the input, I'll try it next week when I go back to the dyno. I'll post my results in case anyone once ever has this problem.

Jeremy_K
08-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I made 4 dyno runs with my Trans-go AOD and it stayed in third when in "D".