Found the cause of lean condition in my dragracer.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
After checking and verifying all my sensors were Ok and my plugs verified I was indeed running lean, I got underneath and started looking and probing and I found the problem. My double IC is so big that it was rubbing the frame rail right in the front left corner. Is that the end of the K member right there? The piece looks like a K. Anyway, it rubbed a hole right thru the corner of the 3/16" thick aluminum bottom tank and was leaking pretty bad. I stuck my single IC back on and it's back to normal. The A/F gauge is back to reading like it should. I'll try to get it welded up tomorrow and have it back on for Sat raceday. It would be interesting to see what kind of times I'd run with the single IC, though.

Mike, I'd also like to know how the stock intercooler performs compared to the double. Make sure you post back and let me/us know how it turns out.:)

Jimmy 2Coupes said:
Mike, I'd also like to know how the stock intercooler performs compared to the double. Make sure you post back and let me/us know how it turns out.:)
Ditto:
Mike, If you dont have a shrouded fan on the Double IC, I bet you won't see any noticeable change. If you do, it would prolly be a bit slower trap speed.

Back