WTB: 94/95 SC motor around SE Texas

Thomas95SC

Im looking for a 94/95 SC motor around SE texas (I live in Beaumont). I need it to be as complete as possible. I know it probably wont have the supercharger but I would like to get the TB, MAF, IC pipes, ect. If you have one in any condition, please email me at onebadsc94@aol.com. Thanks.

Thomas

i believe the only things you would need is the harmonic balancer/crank sensor, mafs, and 36 lb injectors off of the 94/95 engine and you could install an 89-93 engine with the above 94/95 parts and make it work.

lowflying90 said:
i believe the only things you would need is the harmonic balancer/crank sensor, mafs, and 36 lb injectors off of the 94/95 engine and you could install an 89-93 engine with the above 94/95 parts and make it work.

From what i've read, you will need the wire harness, cpu, and a 89-93 AOD tranny as the 94/95 computer will not recognize the older tranny. Plus the wiring harness for the AOD tranny since the 4R70W harness is pinned differently. It would be much easier to find a 94/95 because it would be more of a "plug and play" installment.

no, if you use the parts i told you, you will use everything else from the 94-95. use your existing wiring, computer and tranny. they will bolt up to the 1989-93 engine.

my old car had just the reverse it was a 1990. i had the 1990 mafs, 1990 harmonic balancer, 1990 crank sensor, and 1990 injectors on a 1995 engine. i used my 1990 tranny on the 95 as well. the 94-95 rods are a bit stronger, but alot of people will use them in the early cars that are looking for stronger internals. there was also a windage tray in the 94-95 but it's not really necessary for everyday driving.

Last edited:
still seems to be easier to put in the right engine rather than trying to adapt everything to work right. thanks for the input though.

Back