93 Cobra wheel TBIRD SPECS

cudaz101

93 Cobra in 17X8.5 with Tbird bolt pattern and specs...

Directional = YES

Finish??? Let me know what you prefer in the order of your preference.

1. Chrome
2. Polished
3. Silver
4. Anthricite

How much will they cost??? I don't know...If you would like a set of these hit me up with an email to show me the interest. If I don't get X-amount of mail I simply won't cast them.

7ffb4baf24e96d7e43c63444af970365.jpg

EMAIL: cudaz101@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Brad

Brad,
Have you ever considered replicating the early style SC wheels, but in a seventeen or eighteen inch?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike....Of course...But there is one thing that keeps me from doing that. I have to order a minimum of 200 wheels in the same spec and finish first...Thats just to get the casting done up on the first round. There is simply not enough interest to get that done.

With the wheels in this thread it is an existing cast that I can have modified. Much less involved and much less required in the way of purchase amounts.

I have always personally like the 93Cobra wheel. I think they would look good on an SC...But thats just me. So if anyone digs them hit me up as I can have them casted.

Cheers,

Brad

Fair enough Mike...I get emails and PM's all the time in regards to casting the early or late SC wheels. Great idea but prolly not going to happen.

Brad

I'm interested in a set of 18 or 17's that replicate the nice stock wheels that came on my '93. However, only if they fit the Cobra brake upgrade.

guess we only need 199 more people.

MikeKanterakis said:
guess we only need 199 more people.

Actually no...The cast already exists...I just have to make some changes to it. These changes drive up the cost of the wheel a bit but I am not certain exactly how much. Still waiting for a response from the caster I am working with.

They would be 17X8.5 ONLY

In regards to brake clearance....I don't know yet.

Brad

49 people

200 wheels = 50 sets of four

just saying cause its not too out there as a number.

but he just needs to make adjustments to the cast and apparently its golden

that's like the boring set of 15s that are hangin out in my front yard.
It looks like a 15. If you could give me a picture side-by-side with a 15 I'd like it better.
-Ghost

The_Ghost said:
It looks like a 15. If you could give me a picture side-by-side with a 15 I'd like it better.
-Ghost

Are you serious???

Have you EVER seen a 93 Cobra then?? Great looking wheel.

Brad

Hey Brad reading this I think some people might be confused to get the stock SC wheels you would need at least 50 sets but to get the Cobra wheel you only need 15 is this right?

Brad Klein said:
Hey Brad reading this I think some people might be confused to get the stock SC wheels you would need at least 50 sets but to get the Cobra wheel you only need 15 is this right?

Brad...I suppose I can see how that could be misunderstood. I have explained it in some pretty fair detail though. Check it out...

The 93 Cobra wheels are already being casted by an aftermarket company. This means that someone has already gone to the expense of making a cast for them. I can make a change to this existing cast making it work for our cars.

NOW...On the other hand to my knowledge there is no aftermarket entity casting the stock SC wheel for reasons I don't think I need to explain. The reason Mustang stuff gets casted is because of popularity and massive ownership/following of the cars. The SC/Tbird unfortunatley is not even close to being in the same category. When a business considers doing something like this they have to consider the above facts.

So YES if I or anyone else decided to be the FIRST to cast the SC wheel you would need a minimum of a 200pc order along with a hefty premium per unit. Once you get past the 200pc order and the premium then the wheel price can start coming down.

Never EVER meant to mislead anyone. Ya have to read carefully because I know I explained it in plenty of detail in the past regarding the differance between an existing cast modification and a NEW cast. I just thought that this wheel had a clean stocker look to it, at the same time enabling you to run a 17" tire and being unique all at the same time. Not much interest around here though...Which is fine, there is plenty of interest elsewhere.

Thanks Brad K...

Cheers

The_Ghost said:
-Ghost

Yeah I think I have 12 of the 15" Fan style wheels in my backyard .. 17" would be 1 inch bigger all the way around. These style wheels are pretty popular with the Mustang community.
I know of at least one person who would want them for the Tbird.

- Dan

Its not an SC but its a nice looking bird....

These, however, are original prototypes from karkraft. The rims were apparently made for the 89 SC show car. They have ford stampings and a ford part number. They are 17 x 7 (or 7.5) and in the tbird bolt pattern. Pretty rare find...i know of three people that have a set of those...me being one of them :p.

p1010004.jpg

p1010005.jpg

I would love to see a set of the older style wheels made up as 17's or even 18's that are directional... AND keep the ability of using the original caps :D.

If that was done as a set of 17's you can count me as a buyer.

Back