Harmonic Balancer again!!! only this time its bad

paully93sc

Okay so the first time the harmonic blaancer broke off I ran over it and had to replace the oil pan. The second time the bolts broke off between the pully and the balancer. And now the balancer broke off right at the neck of the crank shaft Yeah so i have in my hand about 7/8 ths of the balancer in my hand and the bolt is broke off in the Crank Shaft.

First how the heck am I getting this thing off and second Iam not buying a used unit anymore so where can I find a Unit thats not going to run me the 475.00 that the dealer wants??????

I have heard the cost of Scrap is going through the roof at the BONEYARD but i really dont want to go down that road because I love my SC
Please Someone Help me

paully93sc said:
Okay so the first time the harmonic blaancer broke off I ran over it and had to replace the oil pan. The second time the bolts broke off between the pully and the balancer. And now the balancer broke off right at the neck of the crank shaft Yeah so i have in my hand about 7/8 ths of the balancer in my hand and the bolt is broke off in the Crank Shaft.

First how the heck am I getting this thing off and second Iam not buying a used unit anymore so where can I find a Unit thats not going to run me the 475.00 that the dealer wants??????

I have heard the cost of Scrap is going through the roof at the BONEYARD but i really dont want to go down that road because I love my SC
Please Someone Help me

Since there really is no pressure on the broken bolt a easy out or reverse drill bit will take it out easy enough.

Get the BHJ Balancer and you will not have this problem again. They only cost about $350.00

Just don't break the easy out off in the bolt. I don't know how many times I've seen this same post and then 3 days later the same person is asking what to use to remove the broken off easy out.

Also search around a bit for methods that people have used to get the rest of the dampener off of the crank. For some reason I've been blessed and have never had to do this.

Kevin Varnes said:
For some reason I've been blessed and have never had to do this.

DOH!..you just jinxed yourself!:eek:

as much as we see this everyone on here should know the OEM dampeners are crap on these cars...get a BHJ...never happen again...

Back