quick pulley question

premo-s12

in regards to the blower, which lower pulley is used to turn it? im installing the blower onto another car and dont recal which pulley was used. also, a friend of mine was saying something to the effect of if you turn the blower upside down that it will need a rebuild for some reason, this seems a bit far fetched, but as i havent taken an m90 apart id just like to ask if this is true.

thanks in advance!
jason

The crank pulley was setup for 2 belts. One for accessories and the other for the jackshaft. Then the jackshaft pulley was set up for 2 belts. One from the crank and the 2nd goes to the supercharger. Bad explaination but do a search and find a few pictures.

hmm, my crank pulley i got from the yard is setup for 3 belts. i did do a search around (google however) and came up with nothing but engine pics without belts. ill look around the board tho i guess. thanks

Picture of crank pulley. The jackshaft assembly is the pulley that moves the supercharger. Only two belts go on the crank. One for all the accessories and the other to the jackshaft pulley. The last belt goes from the jackshaft to the supercharger.

Attachments

• crankpulley.bmp
    11.4 KB · Views: 52
the m90 was made to be mounted in any position even sideways no rebuilding required,

i have a inverted setup ive used on my sc before .

so it dont matter how you mount it

Attachments

• hgfd.JPG
    hgfd.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 50
i thought that sounded a bit far fetched.

i attached a pic of setup i got my blower off of. which of these pulleys drive the blower?

Attachments

• supercoupe setup.jpg
    supercoupe setup.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 76
oh jesus, i was hoping it wouldnt be something like that! eek. any idea of what size crank pulley i should use if i were to ditch those two...which ill have to do!

NOT a Supercoupe

Since you are only using the M90 & not the whole SC engine, you will have to fab a one-off drive system. The M90 on the SC is overdriven 250%, but your drive ratio will be determined by the drive & driven pulleys that you use. You certainly do not have to use a jackshaft drive system like the SC does.

What car & engine are you going to use the M90 on? I looked at your pictures, but couldn't determine the make & model of the car.

68COUGAR

I would probably consider using a different intercooler than stock or not use it at all if you plan to run low boost.
Mike

68COUGAR said:
Since you are only using the M90 & not the whole SC engine, you will have to fab a one-off drive system. The M90 on the SC is overdriven 250%, but your drive ratio will be determined by the drive & driven pulleys that you use. You certainly do not have to use a jackshaft drive system like the SC does.

What car & engine are you going to use the M90 on? I looked at your pictures, but couldn't determine the make & model of the car.

68COUGAR

its an 87 nissan 200sx (s12 silvia if you want to get all gay and 'jdm'). its sports the same 3.0L v6 (vg30e) in the 300zx of that year. has 280zx front suspension, 300zx rear and and weighs a ~~~~ LOAD less :) she's compeletly stripped out right now, 2 seats and a stearing wheel. its my project car. future plans are s14 front suspension conversion, s13 rear conversion, that blower, a cage and hopefully a VLSD (hard to find item) and a half dozen other things ill spare ya ;)

Last edited:
99GSXR750 said:
I would probably consider using a different intercooler than stock or not use it at all if you plan to run low boost.
Mike

well, im not sure what the stock boost is in a SC, but id be happy to start w/10 till i get it tuned properly and go from there. thanks for the tip. ideally id like to find a starion intercooler as they fit in PERFECTLY...all boils down to $$ i guess ;)

premo-s12 said:
hmm, i need to take a pic of this crank pulley that i have then as it accomadates three belts.

What are you doing off of club-s12.org? :p
(former s12 owner/clubs12 member)

oh by the way the stock boost pressure is 11psi@4800
It makes 5-7 at 2500-3000, and the torque is positively amazing with an SC.

On a VG30, holy jesus.
Now, I expect you should break the 200hp mark at the least but the torque will for sure be up there...

That means, though, that motor's going to be even more of a bitch to work on than it already is!!

Best of luck,
Ghost

Last edited:
sweet. thanks, i was JUST about to ask how much stock boost is ;)

you an s12 junkie too? lol

*edit*

yea, that motor is a REAL bitch to work on...reason 1 i decided to go w/the SC as opposed to vg30et... i have a turbo z31 and its a REAL pain in teh ~~~ to get to anything.

i LOVE the tq curve teh VG has to offer, its gonna freaking MOVE when its all said n done ;)

Last edited:
awesome. thanks alot for the info. i think i need to find a data sheet on the M90 i guess with pulley sizes as im NOT gonna do the setup the SC uses.

sooo.....does anyone know an exact size drive pulley to run off the crank for this thing? i've searched and searched the internet but have found nothing.

Back