Electrical

Scotchlouis

I have a 1993 SC that has a problem with the parking lights staying on with the light switch in the off position. Door chime activates with the driver side door open with or without the key in the ignition. Replaced the ignition switch, had no effect whatsoever. Also, some other things that don't work are: cruise control, door locks, fog lights, windshield spray, odometer, and ride control. I checked the fuses and they all seem to be okay. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Headlight switch...

Ford decided to run all the power for the headlights, interior lights, door chimes, ignition, toaster oven (just kidding), etc through the headlight switch, the multifunction switch, and the ignition switch. The headlight switch can't take that much current and will melt the connector after some time. Sounds like you need a new headlight switch. The best solution is to isolate the current from the switch with some relays for the headlights, foglights, etc. Do a search on "flickering headlights" and you'll find some writrups on how to wire the relays...

Re: headlight switch

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go and see what happens. But would this still be the case if my headlights work fine?

Back