Vibration

Pit Bird

Ok i got my girlfriend a 94 auto sc in march she new how many problems I have had over the years with my 92 5 spd but still she wanted it. She drove it for two days and I noticed a puddle under it I have little time to fix it so it took a long while. I was the front pump seal I had a local trans shop reseal the whole thing. While I had the trans out I put solid motor mounts in sleeved the crank and put a new rear main seal in it I also put in a rebuilt torque convertor from a company called ACCURATE and new convertor nuts from ford. Cleaned everything up real nice and put it all back together. She drove it for two days and it ran great a little noisy because of the eyelet rubber in one of the rear sway bar end links in the rear is gone but it ran great. Last night I was on my way out with it and it started acting strange it started to vibrate at about 43mph and kept on going for as fast as i was going to drive it. It seems to start at the end of third and the whole time in fourth gear. It is mainly heard while it is in fourth with the gas pedal pushed down. If you let of the gas and coast it realy does not do it. The vibration seemed to be coming from in the trans tunnel area. I am slightly perplexed by this problem I used factory torque spec on everthing and locktite on the things I felt ran a backout risk. I have rechecked the driveshaft bolts and installed it back in the same position I took it off on the rear. I have no clue and an upset girlfriend. If anyone can give me direction please chime in here

Try this...

Loosen up the bolt on the tranny mount just enough to allow some play, take the car for a short drive to let the tranny & driveshaft find "center". Torque the mount bolt back to spec. If the vibration is caused by poor alignment of the tranny & shaft, this should eliminate most of it...

Back