Motor Swap?

Drinkiniseazy4m

Hello all,

I have a 1990 Supercoupe, i just bought it a week ago. Bought it with no motor but has trans and supercharger came with the car. I was wanting to put a 5.0 motor in this car. What all would i need? Wiring, motor, and computer? Also will the 3.8 tranny work with a 5.0 motor? Also what can i get the 5.0 motor out of to put in there? Mustang,caprice, anything with a 5.0 in it? Let me know and please help me

Thanks

keep the 3.8............it will save you the heartache.

Search in the for sale forums for someone selling a complete longblock.

You can get the 5.0 from anything that had the 5.0 HO, but the manifolds, oil pan, accessories and other doodads are different between the engines. The MN12 cars would be the easiest donor car, you would have everything you need. I was told the intake clearance would be an issue when using a Stang or Lincoln HO motor. Ive also heard of the steering getting in the way on conversions. The SC trans is better than whatever you get the 5.0 from, so keep it! Actually the entire drivetrain is built for more than a stock 5.0 can give it. I have access to a 88 Lincoln LSC for a donor and that was my plan when I got my latest SC, that is until I got it running and felt the torque of an SC again.....

Back