AC questions

Tin-Knocker105

The compressor died in my 90AOD SC and i have a couple questions about changing it out.

First off YES it is the compressor... the clutch engages and the pulley spins and never disengages. And i hooked up my gauges to it and the pressures never changed ... So at least its not a leaker.

Now for the questions anybody have a part number for the line drier so i can replace it also.

and do i need new seals or rings or ? when i unhook the donor compressor form the other SC and if so what size or where to get them.
Thanks To All who looked and to all who helped.
Yep i will pull a vacuum and i still have half a jug of r12 around.

thanks
tony

Last edited:
m not sure as to the part # for your line but, to keep your liquid gold in the lines I would highly suggest doing all the orings while your at it, I bought a kit for mine 3 mos ago from advance for about 7.00. If your doing the drier ( I guess I read it right ) that is SC specific. the hose fror the orfice tube ( high side line) runs along the frame rail I would change that out as well or get a orfice tube kit because if the old compressor took a poo poo then chances are very high that your old tube is clogged with metal shavings. Make sure you flush the system out b4 you charge it.
I converted mine over to 134 when I did this one and havent had any problems yet, but since you have some r12 left its up to you. 22 If I am not mistaking is
for home use, I wouldnt do it unless I seen it work with my own eyes. Not sure of the pressures required to get the system to cool or if it will work at all.

S

Back