Multi-function switch?????

95scfan

well i was bored today and decided to search around in the old archives for answers to my no interior lights problems and i found a post about it and i was wondering if this sounds like the problem for me.................

i have no interior lights what so ever the fuses are good i checked those i have no keyless entry and when i open the doors to the car with a relay for the horn in place the parking lights come on. the power door locks don't work but the windows work the seats work the dash works the fog lights work (95 5 speed btw)

to make my rant a lil shorter the guy i took my car to for the problems said its the interior light control module but after extensive searching i think he is a moron i can't find anything on it does it exsist?

any help is appreciated
thanks
Cody

anyone? experts, non experts newbies anyone who might have an idea is more than welcome to try. can't hurt and i know it gets reviewed 15 people have viewed and someone has to have some idea please help me

thanks
cody

Here's what someone told me...

"Ford decided to run all the power for the headlights, interior lights, door chimes, ignition, toaster oven (just kidding), etc through the headlight switch, the multifunction switch, and the ignition switch. The headlight switch can't take that much current and will melt the connector after some time. Sounds like you need a new headlight switch. The best solution is to isolate the current from the switch with some relays for the headlights, foglights, etc. Do a search on "flickering headlights" and you'll find some writrups on how to wire the relays..."

I changed the ignition switch and the headlight switch which did nothing for me. I have yet to change the multifunction switch.

I have an 89, so it may be different. I lost power to my door locks, power seats, and I think the interior lights. I found a power wire that ran between the drivers seat and the drivers door, under the carpet that had a connection that had corroded away. Ford in their infinite wisdom put a splice in the wire here that was not waterproof. It's waterproof now. Now if I could only find the source of the water, I could get rid of the mildew smell.

Good luck.

ok how do i find the seal for the hood? and where is the wire under the carpet? i have heard its there but noone can explain where exactly and chilton sucks and doesn't have it so if you guys could tell me locals i would appreciate it
thanks for the ideas
cody

Wire under carpet:

Remove trim piece at bottom of door opening and kick panel. Pull carpeting up. Just next to the seat there is a flat piece of black plastic under the carpet. Pull it up and there is a lot of wiring below it. The connection that went bad on mine was the only connection I saw here with a crimp on butt-conector. I think the wire was black and about 12 gauge. It was the only wire there that was that large (gauge).

Someone mentioned before that the wire in question is black/green. (shrug).

If you interior lights aren't working, have you checked the fuses under the hood as well as under the dash?

yep and i just looked at the splice and its good and checked the grounds so i am ruling thats its the box in the trunk so when the guy ships it to me i will let ya all know how it went
thanks for all the replys

cody

Back