Need help, electrical problem

thundrburd

well my car was working fine until yesterday, now for some reason power doors do not lock or unlock, my keyless entry does not work, trunk release on keyless entry pad does not work, nor does the lights when I open the door, but for some reason the car will unlock from the inside of the car if I hit the lock button on the door, but unlock will not work, does anyone know what this could be ? Thanks

Check the wiring harness under the drivers side carpet....

I'll bet you have a corrosion problem where the green / yellow wires splice together.....

It's a pretty easy fix....

Check the fuses

Check the fuses under your dash, I had the same problem a few weeks ago and a 10 amp fuse was blowen.

-Jason

so for the non paying member we don't get the privledge or looking so is it to the front or the rear i might have the same problem car came from wisconsin and they use lots of salt corrosion everywhere

thanks

95scfan said:
so for the non paying member we don't get the privledge or looking so is it to the front or the rear i might have the same problem car came from wisconsin and they use lots of salt corrosion everywhere

thanks

it would be towards the front, left of the brake pedal.

95scfan said:

thanks
Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the pictures of what I have....

the-big-e@mindspring.com

RE: SPLICE

i don't know how to check it and where to find one that works its the weirdest shiz ever anyone has access to one?
cody

Ok, well I found that my fuse was blown, but for some reason it keeps blowing the fuse, so I pulled back the carpet and found a huge bundle of wires, now what am I supposed to be looking for, I need to take care of this problem, because it is driving me nuts, thanks

fuse panel

I just had the same problem. open you're passenger door and see if key pad works and trunk releases. if it does it might be the fuse panel itself. make sure you have the fuse stuffed in as far as it goes before you rip appart the int. I bent the terminals on the fuse itself-to widen it slightly -for better contact as well.SCbirds4us can walk u through any other anomaly u might be experiencing. good luck brother!:D

TinManSC92 said:
I just had the same problem. open you're passenger door and see if key pad works and trunk releases. if it does it might be the fuse panel itself. make sure you have the fuse stuffed in as far as it goes before you rip appart the int. I bent the terminals on the fuse itself-to widen it slightly -for better contact as well.SCbirds4us can walk u through any other anomaly u might be experiencing. good luck brother!:D

The trunk opens only when I push the button in the center councel, the lights inside do not work, the lock unlock on both passenger and driver side do not work, keyless entry does not work, windows work, but I dont think the power mirrors work either, so what would be the problem, If I replace the fuse , it will last for like a day or two, but then it blows, oh yeah, keyless pad on the door does not work either, thanks

from what i hear there is a wire by the left drivers foot and its behind the panel and you need to take up the carpet and fix the splice in the iwres thats not water tight and it gets corroded and needs to be fixed so rip up the carpet and the kick panel in the drivers side by the fuse box and look at the wires they run from there to the drivers side sill for the door

cody

p.s. are you the tony c from ebay who wouldn't sell me a TRUNK LID because it would be PROBLEMS later?

ok, well I took my floor board and kick plate off and see the bundle of wires, however I do not see a green/yellow wire splice anywhere, I have looked from back at the seat, all the way up to where the wires go into the body of the car behind where the kickplate is, and do not see anything anywhere, so where could it be ? also I did notice that on the top of my door where the keyless pad is , the foam that should be there is gone, could that be why teh fuses are blowing ? maybe water getting down in there when it rains and causing it to short out and blow the fuse ? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Back