Engine Potential???

P

pudge235

What is a safe and reliable power lever for the stock engine and blower? I am thinking about buying a SC and would love to make some power with it. Ive always abeen a fan of the SC design. I currently own a 91 SHO and would love to have a weekend cruiser SC to drive hard. So what numbers could you expect with bolt ons and what nots with the stock blower and bottom end.

The supercharger (if left completely alone) will be your hold-back point of power. But if you mean stock supercharger as in staying with the M90 design, there are a few different supercharger (basically porting to a certain degree) that will net you much more power than leaving the stock M90 completely alone.

If I understand you correctly, what you really want to know is: what can a SC make for power with a stock long-block? The most I have seen directly out of a stock long-block retaining the M90 is in the 280-300 rwhp range...that however is not the norm, but the exception. A much more realistic goal is in the 250 rwhp range, which is very easy to do with just some minor bolt-ons.

The bottom end can take some significant abuse if cared for properly. I've seen a 450 rwhp SC with a completely stock bottom end hold up so far. Of course at those power levels, there's no telling how long it will hold up though. The bottom end is plenty strong so long as it has been taken care of and continues to be taken care of.

I had on my old car

73mm maf
70 mm throttle
CAI
ported manifolds, downtubes, exhaust
10% blower overdrive
intercooler fan

And I had a good feeling I could take a 4.6 stang with that

Back