The results of the HG monster...

Umm, yeah. 15mm. It's the only size that fits on the bolt snuggly. Unless of course you're supposed to use one of those 19/32 or 37/64 sockets that only the snap-on dealer and the most anal retentive mechanic would have. :D

"Na, my headgaskets aren't leaking..."

If I were to make a guess I'd say the've been leaking for the last 10K miles or more. :eek:

darkstar_one said:
basically people, always youse a IMPACT WRENCH! it does wonders! invest in air tools!

Well duh! Too bad my compressor and air tools are still in Memphis, and I live in NYC.

XR7 Dave said:
"Na, my headgaskets aren't leaking..."

If I were to make a guess I'd say the've been leaking for the last 10K miles or more. :eek:

Probably close to 20k. I think it all started back in April of '04. Considering they lasted thru the '04 shootout, being beaten within an inch of her life every time I drove her, a 1200+ mile drive to NYC with most of my belongings, and then 50 miles back home after they completely let go, I'd say she's quite the trooper.

I guess it's time for me to go back to Memphis, get a u-haul, and bring the rest of my stuff up to NY. Bed, compressor & all of my tools, my spare block, etc... ;)

Well duh! Too bad my compressor and air tools are still in Memphis, and I live in NYC.

Funny thing is we have one..A nice big one thats electric and doesnt involve using an air compressor (which is also there)

However impact guns dont work well when they are impacting at non direct angles.

Yes it's obvious its been leaking for some time...Kind of also explains why the radiator would empty in his motor haha!

Now does anyone have a spare motor to throw in his car for him:O)

I'm already looking around to find a spare motor to drop in the car for the time being, or one that I can build on the side (I prefer the former).

Picture054.jpg

yes same motor, and didn't you offer pablo a motor back when this was origionally posted.. still have it ? word on the street is, everything was rustyyyyy

Nice, I had to use an Easy out socket to get the Head bolts off my engine also .. sockets slipped on the bolt, I think they are really worn down. The socket set sure does help when nothing else works. :D

- Dan

Miller said:
yes same motor, and didn't you offer pablo a motor back when this was origionally posted.. still have it ? word on the street is, everything was rustyyyyy

Yes I did free as I recall, no one got back to me, and yes it is very rusty, somewhere in some junk yard.

Last edited:
Tony8470 said:
Yes I did free as I recall, no one got back to me, and yes it is very rusty, somewhere in some junk yard.

I think I replied that I was going to try and salvage the engine... but who knows it's been so long ago now.

Thanks for offering back then though. I should have taken you up on the offer.

Back