iac

yup just stick a piece of plastic (u will need to cut it to fit) or put a piece of cardboard between the IAC and the Throttle body u may need to adjust the idle screw a bit

I did this my only prob was when the engine was cold it wanted to stal so I had to keep it reved around 900 when stoped

Adam

its an easy fix to get by until u can buy and install a replacement :) well thats why I did it at least :) drove it with this done for about 6 days all I noticed was it was running rich and faster pick up lol

because, i noticed that they have a block off for the mustangs wasn't sure what it would do to the car besides make it run a little rich.

I noticed that the car accelerates a bit harder but also when u let of the gas it slows down faster then normal (without breaks) I would have left it like this other then the fact that its runs rich like crazy and uses alot of gas.

That's why you have to run the EEC relearn procedure after you set the idle stop screw. You'll still have trouble with cold start idle, but nowhere near as bad.

Darkwhite said:
I noticed that the car accelerates a bit harder but also when u let of the gas it slows down faster then normal (without breaks) I would have left it like this other then the fact that its runs rich like crazy and uses alot of gas.
Fill me in here.... How will blocking off the Idle Air Control make the car accelerate harder or decelerate (slow down) faster? I always thought the IAC ONLY affected engine RPM at an IDLE and as soon as you were off IDLE it played no part in anything at all. :confused:

XR7inWI said:
Fill me in here.... How will blocking off the Idle Air Control make the car accelerate harder or decelerate (slow down) faster? I always thought the IAC ONLY affected engine RPM at an IDLE and as soon as you were off IDLE it played no part in anything at all. :confused:

The dashpot function. When you release the accelerator the throttle blade shuts but the IAC is still functioning to help supply the airflow and the EEC gradually lowers the RPM artificially in a controlled state.

CarlisleLandOwn said:
The dashpot function. When you release the accelerator the throttle blade shuts but the IAC is still functioning to help supply the airflow and the EEC gradually lowers the RPM artificially in a controlled state.

So explain to me how this will make the car accelerate harder.:confused:

Back