Instrument cluster diagram

lurch256

I am looking for a diagram of the instrument cluster. I have to install a new speedo head and would like some visual idea before I tear into it what I will be dealing with. Anyone know where there is images of the interior online?

In the service manual there is no break down of the cluster itself, but if you like I could walk you through it, maybe send you some pics.

It isn't that difficult....

Remove the 3 phillips screws that hold the plastic collar to the steering column, pull the headlight switch knob off, then remove the 2 phillips screws at the top of the trim bezel that surrounds the cluster......

Be careful, as there are 10 plastic clip holders that hold the bezel on and they could be very brittle....

Disconnect any wires that might be attached to the bezel.......

If your SC has the climate control option (you shouldn't have to disconnect it) just move the bezel over and out of your way.....

Remove the 7 torx screws that hold the clear cover on (a flexable extention works very well for this) and remove along with the black or grey instrument trim.....

Now you will have access to all your gauges....

Grab the speedo and gently pull it straight out of its socket....

Install in reverse order.....

PS: Now would be a good time to "fix" any bothersome lights along the bottom of your cluster.....:rolleyes:

I was worried it woudl be much more difficult than that. I didn't figure it would be "hard" but just more screws and clips to look out for.
I will let you know if I need any advice to help me out along the way.

Back