IC Fan

F

fastsc92

IC Fan

I want to make my own IC Fan. I was wondering where i can get a fan for cheap. I've heard about people making these fans...and get them for 30 bucks...but the cheapest i can find is around 80. Also..what size should i get? Should i get an 8inch or a 10?. Thanks again for the help.

Re: IC Fan

I don't know about making one, but I use and would recommend the 8" Perma Cool 19128 (about $60 at Summit Racing.) It is low amp draw and high cfm capacity.

I did...

I got the fan recommended by george and I am really happy with it. I just used an inline 30 amp fuse...some wiring..and a rocker switch to turn it on. Plus i used old wiring to attatch it to my intercooler. Worked perfectly and cheap as hell

Re: I did...

I got the 8" and it fits perfectially, I got some bracket L aluminum stock. Cleaned the rubber off the I/C, marked, and tig welded ears on instead of using those un-trustworthy zip ties. Repainted I/C put the fan on with some bolts lock nuts. Volia. It fits like a glove, doesnt stick over the sides of the I/C. I believe the 8" will fit better than the 10" anyhow. think of where it has to suck air, is it going to suck it through a honeycomb when it could just suck more along the sides? You get more efficient with the 8" I believe, the 10" also had a lower or equal CFM I thought.

Re: I did...

For the cheap way, you can buy a pusher fan from a 90's Pontiac LeMans. It measures 10" across but I made brackets that cover the edges where it hangs over the IC. Then used 1/8" sheet metal screws to mount it to the sides if the IC. Since the fan is a pusher you have to remove the fan (it is only held on by a clip) and flip the blades around, then connect the leads backwards + to - and - to +.

it costs about $14 at a pick and pull.

Jeff

Back