speedometer swap

sendo

whats up, can i take a speedo from a 92 sc(120 mph) and put it in my 95 sc(145 mph) and just change the face plate?

No...

It will not read correctly if you swap the face. If you put the 145mph face on a 120mph speedometer it will still function as a 120mph speedometer and the needle won't point to the correct speed on the 145mph face. The heads are geared differently. If you need a new 145mph head, I believe the speedo's from the 3.0L or 3.2L Taurus SHO will work (I heard that somewhere) and they are generally available on ebay. There is a slight difference in the illumination color between the SC and SHO speedo's, but if you swap the face, that should fix that.

the SHO speedo is a 150mph unit. I'm not sure if the 150mpph guage has a longer sweep than the 145 or not. you might be able to just swap the speedo ans have a little reserve past the 145. lol not than many of us would miss that 150.

Rick

SHO Speedo

My '93 (Gen II) SHO's speedo has 145mph as the highest number shown on the face, but there is one "hash-mark" beyond that which would be 150mph.

Back