Need Wiring Help

95SC_Money_Pit

I bought a Ford factory Subwoofer capacitor off of a 94 SHO. I am going to use it to install a JBL sub in my 95. The 95 has no plug in the harness for the sub, so I must hard-wire it from the battery. The proper connector, to plug into the sub (blk/red), is on the capacitor along with an additional connector which I assume plugged into the SHO wire harness. If you look at the attached image, there is a black wire running direct from on plug to the other. I believe this black wire is the sub ground. If this is true, the yellow wire that goes into the capacitor should be the positive wire that I will need to hook to the battery.

Here is my problem….there is an additional black wire that comes out of the capacitor. It is a heavier gauge than the other two. Am I correct in assuming that this is a ground for the capacitor?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Attachments

• 19_1.JPG
    19_1.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 58
i beleive you are correct. i think it grounded either to the seat bracket or the rear deck. if you want i can double check my old/ my brothers 94 sho and check it out for ya.

stang-sc said:
i beleive you are correct. i think it grounded either to the seat bracket or the rear deck. if you want i can double check my old/ my brothers 94 sho and check it out for ya.

Yes....If you could check it out for me I would really appreciate it!!! I would hate to fry a perfectly good part.

Thanks!!

Back